Taylor

Taylor

Monday, May 7, 2012

Signature quilt

I am up to my ears in quilt blocks...Grandaughters wedding last july she had quilt blocks to sign in place of a guest book.  Most everyone wrote a personal message to the newlyweds and we are incorporating them in to a courthouse steps/signature block quilt.  Greys and yellows, a little purple and white...it's all coming together nicely, keeps this old lady on her toes tho...lets see 5 times 1 3/8" =...you get the picture. This quilt has a masculine look to it but that's ok, I have made her many girlie quilts...I love how the dark grey in the courthouse blocks stands out forming an "H"...her name is Hannah.. so cute that it shows up that way.  Hannahs husband is tall.....6' 4" so I am making the quilt extra long. since Mr. Ourdoors is also tall it is always a concern to be sure the quilts I make are long enough.  My quilting frame will hold a width of 94 inches and the length can be endless...this quilt will be 96" long, that should keep Mr. Bens toes covered!   Grandaughter wrote their wedding vows on two of the blocks and they will be incorporated into the center of the quilt along with their names, wedding date, location and their theme "sweet love" embroidered on one of the blocks.  This has kept me busy this past week and the quilt should be ready to load up onto the quilt frame in a day or two...can't wait to get started quilting it...love hand quilting my quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment