Taylor

Taylor

Friday, May 11, 2012

Cinderella quilt back

I have spent a great amount of time looking for and obsessing about the backing for my Grandaughters wedding quilt.  Looked at several stores for just the right fabric/colors/size to no avail.  Came out of my fav quilt shop empty-handed...Mr. Outdoors says wheres the backing?  I told him guess I will just piece together something for the backing as I cannot find anything i like!  Got home and went up to my cabinet i keep some of my fabric in and there it was!  I am a person who hangs onto anything that holds a memory to it.  I have hung onto Grandaughters sheet set that she used for years of Cinderella and Prince charming (when her husband proposed to her he was wearing his knight in shining armor suit!)  The top sheet is perfect for the quilt backing...nice and soft and holds so many memories of a precious little girl.  I have added a border edge all around the edges of leftover fabric from the quilt top...I am over the top happy with this idea and hope she loves it as much as I do.  Pictures will follow as I am loading the quilt into my quilt frame this morning to begin hand quilting it.  Oh BTW I know you aren't supposed to use sheets for backing but this was meant to be.  Color me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment