Taylor

Taylor

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Kitchen House

Just finished this last night, what a good read.  Late 1700's an orphaned Irish girl is indentured to a tobacco plantation and is raised by the slaves.  Very heartwarming story and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Kansas is going to be 87 degrees today on April 1st, very warm for this time of year.  Next week it cools back down, so nice to not have the AC or furnace running, windows open and lots of fresh air.  Spent yesterday doing laundry and painting and papering the living room, only got half of it done so will finish today (I hope). Time for mowing again...the grass is just growing like crazy! Sweet Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous book. I listened to it on Audible and loved every moment. It did make me cry in a place of two. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too Kelly. When we run across a good one like this we pass it around our family, all my sisters and sisters-in-law are enjoying it also.....Beth

    ReplyDelete