Taylor

Taylor

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Birthday celebration

My sisters, niece and cousin and I all got together on Friday to celebrate my Aunt Violets 86th Birthday.  Auntie is the 3rd from the right, still has her natural hair color....no gray at 86 even!  Aunt Violet is my Mothers younger sister and we all love her dearly.  She is traveling next week to her granddaughters home  for a 3 week visit and still lives in and cares for her home with lots of family visiting and checking on her thru the week.  So great to visit with her, she always has a good story about back when she was a young girl with my Mom and the things they used to do and see.  It is a rainy cool Sunday in Kansas today but after today we will be in the 70's all week long, need to get in gear with my yard work!  My cold is going away, thank goodness for nose spray...I can breathe! LOL  Three quilts going at once around here, Grandaughters signature quilt from her wedding ( we need to decide on the colors) would love to have it done for their 1st anniversary on July 2nd. Grandma Ramseys' quilt in the frame ( tying the center and quilting the borders) and the Carolina lily quilt ready for the "ruching" to be sewn on the flower pots.  Mr. Outdoors and I had a day in town yesterday getting tractor parts, picking up shingles, visiting sister and brother-in-law, getting quilt fabric and a tasty lunch out...no cooking for this girl yesterday!  Retirement is such a joy, all those years and years of working and working lots of overtime have certainly made me appreciate being able to wake up without an alarm clock and pretty much being able to plan my day the way I want.  I am Thankful everyday for Mr. Outdoors and the love we share and the many the Blessing we have.  Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment