Taylor

Taylor

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Grandmas quilt

These are two quilt blocks from a quilt my Grandmother made, we always called it the lady with the umbrella quilt. As the quilt became too worn for use the good blocks were divided up between my sisters and I. As a young girl I snuggled with this quilt a lot!  I hope to make a quilt from this pattern some day. Grandma also made pillow slips for me from this pattern when i married almost 47 years ago  I still have them, they are blue and soooo sweet.  Isn't it amazing what inspires us?  I can see Grandma sitting there working on her "handy work" as she always called it. Even in her 80's Grandmother belonged to a quilting club where every month they would go to a members home, spend the day and work on that persons quilt.  Can you imagine 10 ladies sitting around your quilt frame working on your quilt...wouldn't take long to get the job done! Back then it was called a "quilting bee".  Wee more yard work for me today and I have a spinach casserole on my mind, my sis made one last week and it was so good!  Have a Blessed and Terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment