Taylor

Taylor

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Canning....

We were running low on some of our canned goods so I have been canning of late.  Pinto beans, black-eyed peas, butter beans and chille.  It is a labor of love for me, I enjoy doing it and so much better health wise for us....we know exactly what we are eating.  As a young girl I helped my Grandmother can everything from their garden and make jams and jellies.  Grandma had shelves in one of the spare bedrooms that was floor to ceiling filled with all that canned goodness. It was a treat for us as kids to go in and pick what vegetables or jams we wanted to eat that day.  She had her own little supermarket.  We have had a snowy day today, they say tomorrow will be 60 degrees...can't wait!  Hope your Saturday is great...

No comments:

Post a Comment