Taylor

Taylor

Friday, October 5, 2012

Carolina Lily coming together




I started this quilt in February...can you believe it is october and I am just now putting it together.  I have done quite a bit of embroidery and it has taken me awhile.  I haven't decided on the borders as of yet but am thinking of going with the reds...maybe flying geese?  Or maybe not....there is a lot going on within the quilt so maybe I will just go with a large border in one of the reds.  THe main fabric is french linen and i am anxious to hand quilt and see how it does.  I think a semi-heavy batting is in order, it will be a heavy quilt I know, it is already heavy with out the backing and batting.  I am still hand quilting Granddaughters wedding quilt and I must get to done by Christmas.....so for now the lily quilt will hang in our bedroom where I can gaze upon it every day and decide what border I want. Frigid Friday here in Kansas...winter clothes came out of storage today!

No comments:

Post a Comment