Taylor

Taylor

Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer canning still.......





I have been canning tomatoes for weeks now, we are so Thankful for them.  We have a bumper crop of cantaloupes this year and I have made pineapple/cantaloupe preserves....14 pints.  I will give some out for Christmas and we will eat the rest.  This is a new recipe for me to use and we like it.  Crushed pineapple, cantaloupe, juice of one lemon and sugar.  I just let it cook down to the right consistency and use the hot water bath canner...easy peasy.  Cantaloupe melon balls are in the freezer, I don't know how they will turn out but I am thinking we can always put them in smoothies if we don't like them.  I am wanting to make green tomato pickles and that may be right around the corner as Mr. outdoors tells me the tomatoes are on their way out.  In Arkansas they serve green tomato pickles with their catfish and they are one of my favorites....don't know if I like the catfish more or the pickles!  Our weather is cooling down some...as in 98 as opposed to 108...if you can call that cool....right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment