Taylor

Taylor

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Roseville pottery

I am a collector of Roseville pottery.  This is my newest piece which I won at auction on Shopgoodwill.com.  Many years ago Mr. Outdoors was riding his horse along the river here in Kansas and came upon something green sticking out of the sand.  He dismounted and started digging and discovered a beautiful green vase, not a chip or crack, brought it home to me and I recognized the pattern as one my Great Aunts had a few pieces of, Roseville.  The river would flood a lot when heavy rains came and we assumed the piece was washed away when flooding occurred.  When my aunts both passed away I was the grateful recipient of their Roseville and thus my collection was formed...oh and I only collect the green.  Roseville comes in brown, blue, yellow, pink and my green.  Guess I am just drawn to the green and I could not afford to collect all the colors as the pieces are expensive to my way of thinking.  I am thrilled to add this piece to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment