Taylor

Taylor

Friday, March 1, 2013

New canner in the house.

It has been well over 50 years since I helped my Grandmother pressure can.  I have been wanting one of my own since I can't remember when.  Mr. Outdoors and I found just what we wanted on our Colorado journey at a price we couldn't resist.  My first trial was pinto beans and they turned out just as I hoped...yea! A great money saver too...34 cents a pint! My next canning will be beef stew.....rump roast cut into 1" chunks, along with potatoes, carrots, onions and celery. I am impressed with all the pressure canning recipes available on the internet and I so appreciate people taking the time to post their recipes and pictures detailing their process.  Our whopper snow is about all melted and we have sunny skies and warmer weather in store for us in the next week....we are so ready for springtime and warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment