Taylor

Taylor

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall....ahhhhhh


Fall has arrived in Colorado and Kansas can't be far behind.  I love fall so much, especially after having such a long hot summer.  The windows are open and cool morning breezes are wafting in, smells of crisp air and a new season approaching, coffee brewing in my kitchen...snuggly cozy.  Dreaming of stews and pots of homemade soup and scones baking, fill my head.  My sister=in=law has a maple pecan recipe for scones we love...such simple flavors but oh so good!  I think toasting the pecans before adding to the batter is the secret...I can smell them now!  We are having 4 days of much needed rain so filling our hours with inside work is in the forecast...crochet, reading, baking, quilting and cleaning are in my future.  My older sister and grandson have Birthdays next week and a dinner is planned for both of them.  I will be making tamales and everything that goes with them for that dinner, especially jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, one of our families favorites.  The Birthday cake I have in mind is an idea I saw on Pinterest.  bake 2 bunt cakes (mine will be carrot cake), set them on top of each other and they become pumpkin shape!  Frost ( orange) and put a stem in the top.....and there's your pumpkin.   Warm and wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment